For a goodnight sleep, avoid these six things before bedtime:
1. violent television or movies
2. Overly exciting mystery or murder novels
3. Information overload- it’s okay to be on the computer doing something relaxing such as playing a computer game of solitaire, watching and listening to a meditation video on Youtube, or reading something inspirational or relaxing (like The Warm Milk Journal)- but if you are aimlessly surfing the web or doing research on something, doing it too close to bedtime could keep your mind on overdrive and affect the quality of your sleep.
4. A belly full of heavy food: don’t eat late at night. If you must eat a snack, keep it something simple like a banana,a piece of toast, a cup of warm milk…
5. Arguments. Going to bed angry with your spouse or children is not a peaceful way to go to sleep. Do your best to avoid confrontations close to bedtime or make up and keep the peace before you turn off the lights.
6. Bad smells: clean your bed linens frequently, keep dirty laundry put away, and spray your room with an aromatherapy spray.