If you find your mind slipping into a worrying state, do one of these ten things:
1. Remind yourself of this fact: “this too shall pass”
2. Remember that tomorrow is another day. Each time we focus on something new we create a new beginning. That can be tomorrow or even RIGHT NOW.
3. 99% of what we worry about never comes happens.
4. Smile and “fake it till you make it”. If we physically act cheerful, we will in fact become cheerful (and worrying anxious thoughts don’t stand a chance. Ha!)
5. Jump around in your living room by yourself or with family members to music or just laugh and be silly.
6. Get busy doing something. We tend to worry if we are being idle.
7. Write down a list of things you are thankful for in your gratitude journal.
8. Get moving!
9. Go outside. The natural world is very calming to the nerves and feeds the spirit.
10. Sit up a little taller and declare “I Am enough! Worry, be banished!”