A huge source of our stress is what we put on ourselves: hurrying, putting too much on our plates, being perfectionists, multi-tasking, and feeling overwhelmed. There is an easier way. This easier way will pave the path to a more balanced day and restful night.
Wherever you are and whatever you are doing today, life really can be a “day at the beach” if you do these things:
1. Focus your attention on one task at a time.
2. Do your best and live for this day only. Quit beating yourself up about past days and fretting about days in your future (they are not reality).
3. Remember to breathe.
4. Every hour take a mental break by stretching, taking a walk, or doing a breathing exercise.
5. Spend time with people you like.
7. Sit up and stand up straight and tall.
8. If you are particularly worried about something, write the worry down in your journal. Ask yourself, “what is the worst that can happen?”
Meditate on that worst case scenario. Visualize yourself experiencing it and in your mind accept it as if it could be real. Now visualize ways you can improve that situation. Write those solutions down. Start taking action. This exercise will eliminate 99% of the stress you put on yourself with worry (something we all do).
9. What are you thankful for? Think of those things frequently. Write them down.
10. Look for and see the beauty in all things.
Do those ten things and your life will be a day at the beach each and every day.