How to make friends on Twitter, one Tweet at a time:
1. Be present and engage: some automation is fine but people want to connect with you, a human.
2. Make people laugh
3. Share something personal about yourself
4. Celebrate in each others’ successes
5. Ask questions
6. Support each others’ challenges
7. Promote each others’ businesses, websites, blogs, organizations, causes, concerns, issues, etc.
8. Share quirky interesting things
9. Express appreciation frequently
10. Have fun! Your enthusiasm is contagious. Twitter is a blast! Who wouldn’t want to make friends from all around the world in real time?
Making friends on Twitter is really no different than nurturing friendships in other areas of your life. Basically, be a good friend yourself, and good friends will follow… ; )
If you haven’t Tweeted yet, come to join the fun. You will make friends. You can find me on Twitter as @WarmMilkJournal