The definition of affirmation is “Something declared to be true; a positive statement or judgment”.
We all need to be affirmed. When we are affirmed we feel supported and the vision we have for our lives gets strengthened.
Ways to be affirmed:
1. Writing positive affirmations in the present tense with a strong declaratory voice. Really feel it. For example: “I Am Now a published writer making an excellent living”. You can add extra oomph to your positive affirming declaration by then giving thanks for it. So: “I feel so thankful that I Am Now a published writer making an excellent living. Thank you!”
2. We feel affirmed when we are encouraged by others. Choose who you spend time with. That is so important! Have in your life loving,supportive, and positive people.
3. Be a loving, supportive, and positive person yourself! Don’t fall into the trap of negativity or self pity. We get more of what we put out there.
4. Stretch out of your comfort zone and actually take action on doing some of the things you’ve always wanted to do! It is amazing how much confidence you will feel when you do something that you at first may have been hesitant or scared to do. You will then feel more courage to stretch again, and again….
5. Who are you? Who are you really. I made up some business cards about a month ago that have The Warm Milk Journal name on it, and my name with the word underneath my name, “writer”. That is who I Am. I Am a writer! I keep one of these cards on my bedside table, on my computer desk, dining room table, in my car, I use them for bookmarks, and I have a stack in my purse that I am more and more passing out to people. I am affirming myself as a writer! Powerful stuff.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.
- William Arthur Ward
We are what we think. All that we are arises. With our thoughts, we make our world
A blessed day to you,