A year ago I was curious about Twitter. I knew about Facebook but I thought,what is this Twitter thing all about? I got to playing with it and I have to say it has been one of the most incredible social experiences of my life (and trust me, I am not the most technical person in the world).
Well, it has been quite a year. For the fun of it, I thought I would list some highlights of what I have learned on Twitter:
1. You get back what you put out there
2. Be generous
3. Be kind
4. People can smell a phony
5. People appreciate it if you truly care
6. It’s fun to get silly once in a while
7. We all want to be heard
8. We all want to be affirmed
9. Even the shyest of us have important voices and stories and ideas to share…
10. The world isn’t so small after all
11. We have more in common than differences
12. Life can be just one giant party with the right perspective
13. You are never alone
14. If you are willing to reach out, even just a wee bit, there is so much support out there…
15. It really all comes down to love, in our personal lives and in the Twitterverse.
This post is dedicated to the many wonderful people I have met on this journey. I don’t know where it’s all heading but I gotta believe it is someplace pretty incredibly great!
A blessed good night,
P.S. If you haven’t joined us yet, please do. My Twitter name is @WarmMilkJournal