One of my favorite types of journal writing is creating and writing in a “dream journal”. This is a wonderful journal to write in first thing in the morning when you are first waking up and right before bedtime when you are starting to drift into a sleepy state.
In my dream journal, I enjoy:
1. Drawing and coloring with my pastels and colored charcoal pencils. I don’t think. I just create and play with the lines and colors…
2. Writing poetry
3. Free writing: anything that comes out.
4. A short story
5. My current dreams for my life
6. If I am writing late at night it is fun to recall dreams I have had recently or sometimes in this state I can tap into dreams I may have had many years ago.
7. Write down a question, and then close my journal, turn off the light and go to sleep.