One powerful exercise we can do in our journal writing is cultivate a sense of gratitude for everything we have presently in our lives. We do this by writing down what we are thankful for NOW.
Next, what we focus on grows. Therefore, what do you truly want for your life? What are your dreams? We so often get caught up in the busy-ness of daily life that we can lose sight of our dreams. Before we know it, years have passed by and we are not living the lives that we really want for ourselves.
This morning’s exercise has two parts and it is simple.
1. Write down what you are thankful for this morning. Really feel that sense of gratitude well up within you. Feelings are important. If you can get into that feel-good appreciative state- you will be blessed with more good things in your life.
2. Write down a list of your dreams. What do you really want for your life? Imagine..feel… then develop a feeling of gratitude for these things now as if they have manifested already. You have to believe that your dreams can come true!
I will model just a few notes for you. My journal entry this morning would look like this:
I am very thankful right now for:
1. My sweet husband who is sleeping peacefully as I write this.
2. My health.
3. The fact that there are only a few days left of this school year.
4. The Warm Milk Journal is growing and flourishing.
5. My beautiful home here in North Florida.
My dreams are:
1. To prosper as a full time writer
2. To be free and have the money to travel and take adventures with my husband as often as we want.
3. To live closer to the ocean.
4. To have a home with more room to garden, a nice deck or balcony, and a large shop/garage in the back for my husband to enjoy his woodworking hobby.
5. For my teenage son to get on a healthy and productive path and begin his life as a responsible, happy young man.
Have a blessed day,