To be happy: is this a good goal in and of itself or do we experience happiness when we are immersed in other things and happines is the wonderful result?
Whatever the answer is, I know that when I focus on things that make me happy in my life, I feel better. When we are putting our attention on positive things we have less time to feel anxious, grumpy, tired, etc.
Tonight’s journalling exercise is a simple one: What makes you happy?
Write a list of as many things as you can think of. I will bet that you will be smiling by the time you put your pen down.
My list this evening looks like this:
What makes me happy right now:
1. I am home
2. I have the most wonderful husband in the world.
3. I am learning new things every day.
4. I am healthy
5. My family is healthy
6. We are currently enjoying a wonderful historical mini-series we ordered from Netflix.
7. I have a nice glass of Merlot to enjoy as I write and in a little while cook dinner.
8. My job challenges me and is rewarding in many ways.
9. The sun is shining.
10. I feel safe.
I can think of many more things that are making me happy right now but I will finish my list in my private journal so that you may begin yours.
Debra : )