In the peace of a calm and quiet space all things are possible. The body is calm. The mind is calm. The soul is soothed and nourished. In noisy chaos that is just not the case. The body is stressed. The mind is agitated. The soul feels depleted.
What can you do to get more calm in your day?
- Create breaks for yourself during the day. Close your office door. Take a walk outside during lunch.
- Breathe deeply and clear your mind of chatter on a regular basis. When you are driving your car or waiting in line are good times to practice this.
- Be bigger than your problems. Be the calm amidst the stormy chaos.
- Don’t give away your power to your job or other people.
- Spend time in nature.
- Decorate your home and office space in soothing cool colors. Blues, greens, and shades of violet are very serene colors.
- Write in your journal.
- Let go of things you can not control.
In calm and peace,