Getting into a state of gratitude is a great way to get out of ourselves a bit: shift away from our grievances, annoyances, the stresses of the day… and tap into something very special: the good things that are there, that have always been there, and that will always be there if we only choose to notice, acknowledge, and focus on them.
Tonight, I highly recommend that you enter this graceful state. Feel thankful for all that you have. You are truly blessed in many ways.
How is your journal writing going? A good practice is keeping up a gratitude journal. List down things in your life that you are thankful for.
WHAT WE APPRECIATE APPRECIATES
My entry in my gratitude journal tonight would look something like this:
Dear God/ Universe, I am so very thankful for:
- My fiancee John who means the world to me. It is so incredible to have someone to love and who loves me!
- My children who never fail to inspire me, challenge me, and remind me that life is precious and that children bring out the best, worst, and the deepest recesses of our souls out into the open.. what a gift to live a life where we are responsible for something much bigger than ourselves.
- My job. I am a school teacher and I have the opportunity on a daily basis to teach and inspire my second graders. What a responsibility. What a sacred honor.
- My home. I live blocks away from a gorgeous Florida beach. I am surrounded by old oak trees and palm trees. The people in my neighborhood are warm, caring, friendly, and loving.
- My cats. If I need company, someone to take a nap with, cuddle, or just gaze at something truly adorable I have my cats, Patches and Mew.
By the way, if you get into this gracious state of feeling thankful for the blessings in your life, your benefits will include:
- Feeling happy
- Feeling loving and loved
- Feeling calm
- Feeling peace
- Feeling centered
- Enjoying your evening
- Looking forward to tomorrow
- Sleeping peacefully tonight.
Good night and sweet dreams to all.
Debra : )