There are going to be times when we just don’t feel our best. We are run down and tired, feeling sick, the bad weather is getting to us, our kids aren’t behaving, hormones, etc. Sometimes we just have to get through these low times.
If you are experiencing a down time, know that “this too shall” pass. It will. But, what to do in the meantime?
Here are a thirteen suggestions:
- Be easy and gentle on yourself. Today is not the day to push your limits. Take it easy.
- Just be. Don’t worry about how bad you feel. It will pass.
- Spend time with supportive people and cuddly pets.
- Watch a movie.
- Read a book.
- Take a leisurely walk if you are up for it. Sometimes just getting out of the house and a little physical activity is enough to lift us.
- Eat and drink comfort foods: warm soups, tea, chocolate!
- Write in your journal. Think of something good you are accomplishing in your life. Write it down. Think of something fun you are going to do when you feel better. Begin to plan for it.
- This is a great time to connect with others on social sites such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Call your mom (or a dear friend you haven’t talked to in a while).
- Go out and buy a plant or flowers. Bringing a little nature indoors may cheer you up.
- When all else fails, just breathe. Tomorrow is another day.
Debra : )