A healthy relationship is good for our health and our sleep.
- Social connection promotes good hormones and confidence
- Having that unconditional acceptance and support in our lives boosts self esteem, our immune system, and general sense of well-being.
- Sex releases all kinds of feel good hormones that bond us to our partners and help us sleep at night.
Ways to nurture your partner:
- Don’t take the relationship for granted, ever! Appreciate and pamper and acknowledge your love for your partner daily.
- Invest time in your relationship. Take time to share a nice meal together, play, make love, talk etc. It is easy to get busy with our lives and get into a routine where we are not connecting and not giving our best to our partners.
- Learn to communicate well. I highly recommend any Mars and Venus book by John Gray.
- Touch each other
- Be respectful.
- Take an interest in each other’s interests
- If you start feeling irritated with your loved one focus on the reasons why you fell in love with that person in the first place.
- Do not go to bed angry
- Be flexible in daily life
- Don’t be critical
- Are you being the kind of person that you would want to be with?
- Do things around the house without being asked
- Write notes
- Send sexy texts
- Slow dance: make eye contact, flirt, tease…
- Find new adventures to do together
- Make a peaceful, orderly, and beautiful home a priority
- Don’t let resentments build up. Anger and resentment is the biggest love killer!
- Practice forgiveness
- Be in the Now with your partner as much as possible
- Think and talk in terms of “we” and “us”