There are some days we are just not inspired to do much. And that is perfectly okay. This is Sunday, The day of rest. Here are some ways to be lazy today:
- Do nothing. If an impulse strikes you to do something, close your eyes and relax until the thought passes.
- Be like my cat, Mew. He is an expert on this topic. Curl up on your bed and nap all day.
- Go to a nearby park, find a shady spot, and sit. Stretch. Read. Dream.
- Do same as above only at a beach.
- Make love. Nap. Repeat.
- Don’t think about goals or a to do list. Today you are the canoe on the river enjoying your journey. Destination? What’s that?
- In a swimming pool, lake, or ocean, bob around on the water. Float. Dream.
- This is a day for little pleasures. Enjoy your iced tea or lemonade or Frapuccino. Sip slowly and savor. Allow a little ice to drip on you to cool you off. Close eyes. Dream
- No housework! Put that broom away.
- You and your partner can give each other back rubs. Nap.
- Order pizza tonight. Watch a movie.
Giving ourselves permission to be lazy for the day is quite healing, really. Our batteries have a chance to recharge and we will have more to give to our activity filled week.
Debra : )