Tonight as we settle into the evening, instead of counting sheep, let us count the many blessings in our lives.
During your waking hours during the day, you can develop the wonderful habit of noticing all the beauty in this world. We are all so blessed in many ways. Each day truly is a gift.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Notice and appreciate the loving look your spouse/lover gives you today or tonight and bless those loving eyes. Love is the most special gift of all.
- Notice and appreciate and bless the sweet face of your child or children today. Children take such joyous delight in all things. God bless them.
- Drink in the sweet face of your beloved dog or cat. These simple beautiful creatures offer unconditional love and companionship to us. They are a blessing in our lives.
- Whenever you notice anything beautiful, smile to yourself and bless it: a stranger’s smile, a bird in your backyard, the ocean glistening in the sun, the sunset, a neighbor’s beautifully landscaped yard, the playful glint in an elderly person’s face, the chubby cheeks of a new baby,etc.
- Get out your journal and recount all of your blessings and things of beauty that you noticed during your day today.
Then you may drift off to sleep feeling thankful for your life and looking forward to another day tomorrow to discover new blessings and things of beauty.
(Source: Emerson quote discovered in this month’s issue of Creative Thought magazine)